Born in 1966 in Ashland, Kentucky, David attended the University of Kentucky where he earned his BHS, with distinction, and upon graduation, attended the University of Minnesota where he earned his MHA before receiving his Juris Doctorate from the Ohio State University College of Law. It was at Ohio State where he earned awards for his legal writing and litigation skills and studied under some of the prominent law professors in the country. A lifelong Wildcat fan, David returned to his native Kentucky after serving on active duty in the United States Army Judge Advocate General’s Corps where he continues to serve today as a Lieutenant Colonel and Team Leader in the 139th LSO in Louisville. Twice he has been recalled to active duty serving 14 months with the 101st Airborne Division (AASLT) in Iraq with additional duties in Kuwait and Turkey, and 12 months as the Deputy Staff Judge Advocate at Fort Drum, New York.
After a grounding in Kentucky criminal law as a Public Advocate, David joined White, McCann & Stewart, PLLC, Winchester, Kentucky’s oldest law firm in 2000 and became a partner in 2005. He serves on the board of Clark County Community Services and is a past President the President of the Clark County Bar Association.
David is an avid runner, having completed more than a dozen marathons, with a PR of 2:54:56. He is married with two children.
Member, White, McCann & Stewart, PLLC
Areas of Practice Include:
- Felony and misdemeanor criminal defense in State, Federal and Military Courts
- Oil, gas, and mineral leasing
- General civil litigation to include insurance defense and personal injury matters
- Land disputes involving boundary lines disagreements and timber theft/conversion
- Family, divorce, child custody, pre-nuptial agreements and grandparents’ rights/visitation
- Estate planning – Wills, Trusts, Powers of attorney, and Living Wills
- Criminal Appeals
- Military Law
Admitted to Practice:
- All Kentucky Courts, including Kentucky Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- The Ohio State University, JD (1993) – Issue Planning Editor, Ohio State Journal on Dispute Resolution
- University of Minnesota, MHA (1990)
- University of Kentucky, BHS (1988)
Professional Affiliations/Memberships and Service Organizations:
- President, Clark County Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Kentucky Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Board of Directors, Clark County Community Services
- Lieutenant Colonel, United States Army Reserve
- Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance Company
- Sandy River Coal, Inc.
- Kentucky Pizza Huts
David Ward, Attorney