Celebrating 70 Years Of Service
TO OUR CLIENTS
John P. Rompf Biography
Born and raised in Winchester, Kentucky, Hon. John P. Rompf returned to practice law at White, McCann & Stewart, PLLC following his graduation from the Law School at the University of Notre Dame in 2012. In January 2018 he became a partner.
Prior to law school John earned his undergraduate degree in Political Science from the University of Notre Dame, College of Arts and Letters, with honors. He then taught middle school and later became the principal of Nativity Preparatory School of New Bedford, Massachusetts.
John represents clients with a wide variety of legal issues and in planning to avoid legal disputes before they arise. John devotes half of his practice to the firm’s real estate group representing lending institutions and their customers with commercial and residential transactions. He provides title examinations and title insurance; deed and mortgage preparation; and closing and escrow services for both institutional and individual clients.
John also dedicates time to clients with various types of legal needs including personal injury, family law, criminal defense, collection matters and landlord-tenant disputes. John has trial experience in both District and Circuit Court and in assisting clients with appeals from both courts.
John is the current Treasurer for the Clark County Bar Association. He and his wife Erica have two sons.
John P. Rompf
- Real Estate 40%
- Civil and Criminal Litigation 60%
Notre Dame Law School, South Bend, Indiana
- J.D. - 2012
University of Notre Dame, South Bend, Indiana
- B.A. - 2006
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Political Science
- Kentucky, 2012
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky, pro hac vice, 2012
- Young Lawyers Association, Present
- Clark County Bar Association, Treasurer, Present
- Graduate, Leadership Winchester
Classes & Seminars
- 1031 Exchange Basics, Clark County Landlord Association
- Landlord Law Update, Clark County Landlord Association
- White, McCann & Stewart, PLLC, Associate, 2012 to 2017
- Nativity Preparatory School of New Bedford, MA, Teacher/Principal, 2006 to 2009
Current Employment Positions
Pro Bono Activities
- Clark County Homeless Coalition, Board Member, 2013 to 2019